Nonprofit Startups – Myths and Realities
Do you have a strong desire to make a difference in your community? Will starting a nonprofit be the right path for you to make positive impact?
Join Momentum Nonprofit Partners for an interactive workshop that will:
• Detail the history of nonprofits in Memphis
• Explore the nonprofit sector from a national and local perspective
• Assess your readiness for starting a nonprofit organization
• Present some alternatives to starting a nonprofit
• Present steps to take before filing for a charter (board development, impact statement, by-laws, etc.)
• Address regulatory procedures you need to take before your decision to start a nonprofit
• Introduce a representative from the State of Tennessee to share Charitable Solicitations Registration information
• Answer your questions about starting a nonprofit and help you decide how to best move forward with your ideas
Momentum Nonprofit Partners' staff will present content for the full day session about nonprofit startups.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
Who Should Attend this Session? This information session is targeted to individuals who are thinking about starting a nonprofit organization or have recently started a nonprofit organization.