Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Position: Volunteer & Events Manager
Salary: Starting at $36,600
Full Time, Memphis, TN
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community.
The Volunteer & Events Manager will be responsible for managing volunteers, and/or providing guidance, support, and resources to staff who supervise volunteers. The role also includes managing events and ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to and directing the coordination of activities of events.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Manages all aspects of the Habitat volunteer program, including scheduling and coordinating build site and along with Children’s Room volunteers and other volunteer tasks as requested
• Recruits and trains the Volunteer Support Team (VST) prior to each building season
• Coordinates build site logistics, including lunches, ice, tents and other volunteer-related amenities
• Coordinates the entry of volunteer waiver information in conjunction with the IT/Database Manager.
• Fields all volunteer inquiries and maintains a comprehensive database of active and potential volunteers
• Manages events, which includes planning, budgeting, sponsorships, in-kind donations, prize solicitation, sponsor functions, homeowner dedications, and other special events as they arise.
• Select venues and décor and set up for the event.
• Select and pay vendors for their participation in the event.
• Plan menus, order food, and hire chefs or caterers.
• Works with Communications Manager and Director of Marketing & Communications to develop marketing and social media plan for volunteer programs and fundraising/special events
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, based on the needs of the business. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• Bachelor’s Degree or minimum five years fundraising, marketing or communications experience
• Previous management experience
• Experience working in various social media platforms; photography skills a plus
• Must be proficient on Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre- employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.