Job Title: Lending Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Date: June 2018
The Lending Manager is responsible for developing and managing a range of lending relationships and loan products required by the West Tennessee market to make homeownership possible for low- to moderate-income borrowers. The Manager implements and oversees the service delivery system, internal controls, and underwriting to ensure that borrowers reach closing. The Manager assesses relationships on an on-going basis and develops new relationship with bank partners. The Manager solicits business from other Community Development Corporation’s who work with low-income homebuyers. The Manager originates residential loan files, and supervises other lending staff. Weekend and evening hours are required from time to time. This is an exempt position.
• Stays current on all regulatory guidelines related to residential lending, shares information with others; ensures that department is in compliance.
• Generates revenue to support Lending Department by working with housing counselors and builders to bring loans to United Housing, Inc.
• Develops a comprehensive plan, timeline, and performance measures for meeting lending objectives.
• Oversees and manages the borrower flow from application to closing.
• Participate in community events presenting United Housing lending products to community partners and potential clients, public speaking when required.
• Monitors investor and bank partner relationships to insure the best leveraging of all loan products and relationships and satisfaction of all parties.
• Refines the lending systems as necessary to assure the highest quality service to the customers and partners.
• Supervises all lending and loan servicing activities and staff.
• Ensures that the standards of practice, the policies, the procedures, and the internal controls for successful lending meet industry standards.
• Ensures that appropriate protocols are followed for mortgage file maintenance.
• Assists with implementing a fee and point structure to create sustainability and produce revenue.
• Manages the maintenance and upgrades as needed of lending software.
• Supports supervisor in role as liaison to Loan Committee and provides them with management reports as required to include performance, cost analysis, and overall financial information.
• Performs other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
• NMLS License with at least 5 years of residential lending experience in a financial institution.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Finance or Business or related field.
• Management experience with preference for the experience in community lending and building lending relationships with local and national banks.
• Prior training in regulatory compliance preferred.
• Ability to manually underwrite loans to ensure loans meet guidelines of bank partners.
• Closing Department or Secondary Market experience helpful.
• A combination of experience in the mortgage lending business.
• Ability to exercise professional judgment and make sound decisions.
• Project management skills including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Creative, strong analytical, systems, and problem solving skills needed to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment.
• Skills in articulating ideas and concepts and the ability to build consensus that the goals are attainable and realistic. Demonstrated ability in developing and motivating a team to meet or exceed objectives.
• Interactive training and public speaking skills.
• Leadership and problem solving skills that reflect teamwork, integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high quality customer service.
• Ability to work with customers, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, goal oriented attitude.
• Multi-tasked individual capable of handling several items at a time while continuing day-to-day operations.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary is commensurate with the job responsibilities, skill required, and experience of the individual.
• Benefits are described in the Personnel Policy provided to each employee.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Qualified candidates may email resume to Anne Meadors at firstname.lastname@example.org