COMMUNITY OUTREACH POSITION
A Step Ahead Foundation offers women of Memphis and Shelby County free long-acting reversible contraception (LARC), the most effective reversible methods of birth control, with the goal of preventing unplanned pregnancies.
A Step Ahead Foundation hopes to improve educational, economic, and health outcomes for women and children in Memphis and Shelby County. By providing access to long-acting reversible contraception (LARC), the most effective reversible methods of birth control, we hope to increase positive pregnancy outcomes for both the mother and the child, lower infant mortality, and improve family life. We hope to decrease poverty by reducing economic strain and encourage career opportunities before childbirth. We provide a means for women to plan each child and every step of her life through education and long-acting reversible contraception (LARC).
The Outreach Representative works to engage and educate the community about the organization and its goals. A Step Ahead Community Outreach Representative will represent the organization at community events and speaking engagements.
30 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
Position reports to the Director of Community Outreach.
Duties will vary by department but can include:
● Represents ASAF in the Department of Human Services offices, health fairs, churches, parks, college tables in a pleasant & knowledgeable manner
● Performs community outreach to raise visibility and awareness of ASAF
● Distributes appropriate marketing materials to locations assigned by Community Outreach Director and Marketing/Development Manager
● Assists Community Outreach Director in identifying new speaking opportunities and partnerships
● Attends monthly staff meetings
● Maintains and submits individual hours to Outreach Manager for payroll
● Prepares weekly reports and maintains regular contact with supervisor
● Other duties as needed
The ideal candidate has the following skills/experience:
● Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., Public Health, Social Work, Education, Marketing)
● Excellent oral communication
● Experience with public speaking and presentations
● A passion for community enhancement, engagement and empowerment
● Organizational acumen
● A motivated self-starter
Please submit resumes to Belinda Simpson, Director of Community Outreach at: Belinda@AStepAheadFoundation.org