JOB TITLE: Administrative Support Associate, Driving The Dream
DEPARTMENT: Community Impact
REPORTS TO: Director, Driving The Dream
United Way of the Mid-South (UWMS), through our Driving the Dream (DTD) initiative, is establishing a connected and integrated network of agency service providers to address poverty in the Mid-South. To do this, DTD is creating, facilitating, and monitoring an accountable system of care, comprised of DTD Network Partner agencies, a client-centered approach, multi-domain assessment tools and a shared data platform. The DTD initiative is a collaboration across a wide array of programs and services, with the goal of improving the effectiveness of service delivery by seamlessly, intentionally, and efficiently moving individuals and their families toward economic self-sufficiency and other life goals which they, the clients, identify.
UWMS is hiring a DTD Administrative Support Associate to provide operational support to the DTD director and the DTD team in the development, engagement, recruitment and support of DTD referral network agencies.
This position is a unique career opportunity to join this entrepreneurial effort in its startup year. We are looking for an engaged, dynamic individual who will thrive in this environment. The ideal candidate is a flexible, well-organized, team player who has excellent computer and administrative skills, is comfortable interacting with all levels of internal and external customers, and is able to successfully support the fast-paced work of senior-level colleagues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Provide administrative or operational support with limited supervision for the DTD director and staff.
● Provide support in the development of grant proposals and funder performance reports.
● Respond to inquiries from external organizations about DTD, and provide requested collateral materials and information.
● Assist in scheduling and planning for events, including coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials, etc. as needed.
● Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling and organizing meetings
● Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking.
● Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with UWMS policies.
● Coordinate complex travel arrangements, both domestic and international, prepare itineraries, and obtain visas and other travel documentation needed.
● Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
● Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
● Research articles and topics using various internet search engines and research databases.
● Troubleshoot technical requests for computer, printer or application problems; escalate issues to IT as needed.
● Other duties may also be assigned
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
● Fluency with data and technology, including database skills.
● Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of customers.
● Ability to effectively build and cultivate relationships.
● Proficiency in Google Drive Suite and Microsoft Office, and internet-related programs.
● Ability to learn and become proficient in the use of relevant software.
● Ability to work without supervision, to make appropriate decisions, and to successfully complete projects.
● Ability to assess individual and group dynamics, and successfully navigate conflict to create productive working relationships.
● Ability to communicate across all levels of the operation with a great degree of respect and collegiality.
● Work appropriately and enthusiastically with others and respond appropriately in interpersonal situations.
● High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● Five years of experience working with nonprofit or government agencies, such as education, youth development, housing, basic needs, health, or workforce development.
● Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
● Not just tolerance for, but enjoyment of, working with a degree of ambiguity during this entrepreneurial period of transformation and ability to help others successfully move through this change.
● Quick learner, possessing superior judgement.
● Good sense of humor and ability to work well under pressure.
Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation.
As an entrepreneurial, start-up endeavor, this role may require occasional late night and weekend work, and would require this sort of flexibility.
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. UWMS provides an excellent benefits package for full- time employees including paid time off, health/dental insurance, retirement plans, and an engaging work environment.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers) to the attention of email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your correspondence. For more information about United Way of the Mid-South, please visit us online at www.uwmidsouth.org.