JOB TITLE: Agency Relationship Manager, Driving The Dream
DEPARTMENT: Community Impact
Program: Driving The Dream
REPORTS TO: Senior Agency Relationship Manager, Driving The Dream
United Way of the Mid-South (UWMS), through our Driving the Dream (DTD) initiative, is establishing a connected and integrated network of agency service providers to address poverty in the Mid-South. To do this, DTD is creating, facilitating, and monitoring an accountable system of care, comprised of DTD Network Partner agencies, a client-centered approach, multi-domain assessment tools and a shared data platform. The DTD initiative is a collaboration across a wide array of programs and services, with the goal of improving the effectiveness of service delivery by seamlessly, intentionally, and efficiently moving individuals and their families toward economic self-sufficiency and other life goals which they, the clients, identify.
UWMS is hiring a DTD Agency Relationship Manager to develop, engage and recruit new DTD network agencies, and to provide intensive, tailored, hands-on coaching and support to agency leadership and customer-facing staff as they incorporate DTD into their workflow and approach. The Agency Relationship Manager will supervise, lead and monitor Agency Relationship Associates to ensure program quality and accurate reporting, with a primary focus on building and maintaining partnerships.
This is a unique career opportunity to join this entrepreneurial effort in its startup year. We are looking for an engaged, dynamic individual who will thrive in this environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Provide intensive direct support to a portfolio of DTD network partner agencies.
● Supervise, coordinate,and manage program implementation.
● Supervise full-time Agency Relationship Associate.
● Analyze data to determine effectiveness.
● Recruit additional service-providing agencies.
● Work to establish new service partnerships to fill gaps in available services.
● Develop and oversee delivery of training curricula in collaboration with partner agencies and consultants.
● Provide training and technical assistance to partner agencies, and respond to requests as needed.
● Monitor and analyze the agency’s referral and care coordination processes.
● Assist partner agencies in developing and implementing policy and process efficiencies that improve client outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
● Strong understanding of human services/social work best practices.
● Ability to coach and train others on how to positively and successfully engage clients.
● Fluency with data and technology, and the ability to train others.
● Working knowledge of community needs.
● Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
● Ability to facilitate groups.
● Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of customers.
● Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and internet related programs.
● Ability to learn and become proficient in the use of relevant software.
● Ability to work without supervision and to make appropriate decisions.
● Ability to effectively build and cultivate relationships.
● Ability to assess individual and group dynamics, and successfully navigate conflict to create productive working relationships.
● Ability to communicate across all levels of the operation with a great degree of respect and collegiality.
● Work appropriately and enthusiastically with others and respond appropriately in interpersonal situations.
● Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Education, Social Work, Public Administration or other related field. Master’s preferred.
● Three years of experience in the public or human services sector.
● Three years of leadership-based responsibilities involving collaborative/multi-system initiatives,or project management.
● Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
● Desire to serve as an integral leader at an established community institution in the midst of a unique period of change and transition.
● Not just tolerance for, but enjoyment of, working with a degree of ambiguity during this entrepreneurial period of transformation and ability to help others successfully move through this change.
● Commitment and experience promoting a results-oriented approach to human services program design and implementation.
● Quick learner, possessing superior judgement.
● Good sense of humor and ability to work well under pressure.
● Certification in social work best practices, such as Transition To Success or Family Development Credential, a plus.
Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation.
As an entrepreneurial, start-up endeavor, this role may require occasional late night and weekend work, and would require this sort of flexibility.
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. UWMS provides an excellent benefits package for full- time employees including paid time off, health/dental insurance, retirement plans, and an engaging work environment.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers) to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2018. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your correspondence. For more information about United Way of the Mid-South, please visit us online at www.uwmidsouth.org