POSITION TITLE: Community Engagement Coordinator, East TN
DEPARTMENT: External Affairs
REPORTS TO: Community Engagement Manager, Middle & East TN
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for community organizing work in East TN. The Coordinator will provide leadership in maintaining positive volunteer relations and promoting the benefits of volunteerism and activism. The Coordinator will professionally represent PPTNM through activities in related professional organizations and outside agencies, as appropriate. Travel and personal car are required.
• Organizes volunteers and local actions under the supervision of Community Engagement Manager.
• Recruits and trains volunteers, and develops the skills of volunteer leaders through ongoing training opportunities. Practice volunteer stewardship, including appreciation events and recognition.
• Coordinates the Health Center Advocacy Program and offers statewide support to other HCAP organizers.
• Develops and supports Generation Action chapters in East TN, including ETSU and UTC.
• Manages the Tennessee Stories Project (TSP) across the state and implements action steps to achieve TSP’s goals to reduce abortion stigma and encourage conversations
about abortion, including maintenance of the TSP website and social media. Coordinates the Undue Burden Project in partnership with the National Abortion Federation.
• Build partnerships with individuals and local organizations to further Planned Parenthood’s advocacy goals.
• Coordinate with department heads to determine departmental volunteer and intern needs. Monitor personnel problems or security issues involving volunteers and interns and provide appropriate solutions. Function as the liaison on all volunteer and intern issues.
• Work closely with External Affairs staff to develop leaders among teen, young adult, and adult Education participants, and Planned Parenthood supporters and donors.
• Acts as the organizing Affiliate Data Manager which includes bulk uploads for the affiliates, creating survey questions, updating staff on data changes (VAN, Hustle), and attending monthly national Affiliate Data Manager calls
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
• Commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood including support of abortion rights.
• Alignment with the mission and values of Planned Parenthood.
• Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values.
• Completion of all responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
• Commitment to a client-centered approach to customer care.
• Occasional overnight travel may be required.
EDUCATION: BA/BS degree in Education, Social Work, Political Science, or a related field. EXPERIENCE: Two years of related experience preferred. Prior experience in a supervisory or program coordination capacity highly desirable.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPTNM will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
Employees are expected to perform duties as assigned and directed by management.
Qualified applicants please click HERE to apply.