DEPARTMENT: Community Impact
REPORTS TO: Agency Relationship Manager
United Way of the Mid-South (UWMS), through our Driving the Dream (DTD) initiative, is establishing a connected and integrated network of agency service providers to address poverty in the Mid-South. To do this, DTD is creating, facilitating, and monitoring an accountable system of care, comprised of DTD Network Partner agencies, a client-centered approach, multi-domain assessment tools and a shared data platform. The DTD initiative is a collaboration across a wide array of programs and services, with the goal of improving the effectiveness of service delivery by seamlessly, intentionally, and efficiently moving individuals and their families toward economic self-sufficiency and other life goals which they, the clients, identify.
UWMS is hiring a DTD Agency Relationship Associate to support the Agency Relationship Manager and assist in the development, engagement, recruitment and support of DTD referral network agencies.
This position is a unique career opportunity to join this entrepreneurial effort in its startup year. We are looking for an engaged, dynamic individual who will thrive in this environment. The ideal candidate is a flexible, well-organized, team player who has excellent computer and administrative skills, is comfortable interacting with all levels of internal and external customers, and is able to successfully support the fast-paced work of senior-level colleagues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist the Agency Relationship Manager to provide intensive direct support to a portfolio of DTD network partner agencies.
• Assist the Agency Relationship Manager to establish new service partnerships to fill gaps in available services.
• Conduct internet topical literature research as needed.
• Manage the logistics and preparation of materials for DTD meetings and activities, including rooms, food, and meeting details.
• Coordinate mailings to invite and inform participants.
• Create agendas and participant lists and compile background materials.
• For in-house meetings, prepare the conference rooms with the required seating and A/V equipment, assemble written materials, arrange catering and beverages, greet and check in guests, respond to any individual or group needs, and clear the room after the meeting has concluded.
• Manage all aspects of web conferencing logistics in the event of virtual events.
• Schedule appointments, meetings, conference calls.
• Arrange all necessary travel, expense reports, and travel reimbursement requests.
• Organize and maintain files.
• Assist the United Way of the Mid-South receptionist and administrative assistants for reception coverage, vacations, special projects, board meetings, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Fluency with data and technology.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of customers.
• Ability to effectively build and cultivate relationships.
• Proficiency in Google Drive Suite and Microsoft Office, and internet-related programs.
• Ability to learn and become proficient in the use of relevant software.
• Ability to work without supervision and to make appropriate decisions.
• Ability to assess individual and group dynamics, and successfully navigate conflict to create productive working relationships.
• Ability to communicate across all levels of the operation with a great degree of respect and collegiality.
• Work appropriately and enthusiastically with others and respond appropriately in interpersonal situations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Education, Social Work, Public Administration or other related field.
• Three years of experience working in the human services field.
• Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
• Not just tolerance for, but enjoyment of, working with a degree of ambiguity during this entrepreneurial period of transformation and ability to help others successfully move through this change.
• Quick learner, possessing superior judgement.
• Good sense of humor and ability to work well under pressure.
Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation.
As an entrepreneurial, start-up endeavor, this role may require occasional late night and weekend work, and would require this sort of flexibility.
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. UWMS provides an excellent benefits package for full- time employees including paid time off, health/dental insurance, retirement plans, and an engaging work environment.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers) to the attention of email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your correspondence. For more information about United Way of the Mid-South, please visit us online at www.uwmidsouth.org.
Closing date: 04/06/18