The American Red Cross is a strong network of volunteers, donors and partners who are always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We are seeking an Engagement Specialist to work in the Memphis, TN region. This position will work 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, and some weekends and evenings will be required during times of business need.
The Engagement Specialist is responsible for assisting with the implementation and execution of programs, projects and initiatives to increase and strengthen the engagement of volunteers. Additionally, assist with the screenings, referrals, and placement of prospective volunteers to effectively support Regional goals and mission critical activities.
1. Subject matter expertise and regional resource for volunteer engagement best practices.
2. Assist in ensuring all prospective volunteers are screened and referred to departments for interviews.
3. Assist local leaders with conducting a comprehensive volunteer engagement onboarding program for all Volunteer Services volunteer position.
4. Assist with driving volunteer engagement, including youth programs.
5. Provide support to the Volunteer Intake Processing Center.
6. Responsible for managing volunteer recognition events across the region for all volunteers.
7. Assist with executing the Event Based Volunteer plan.
8. Assist in supporting and monitoring the appropriate usage and implementation of the regional Volunteer Needs Assessment.
9. Provide support to the Regional Volunteer Services Officer or Sr. Engagement Specialist by:
• Meeting with departments and ensuring alignment of volunteer needs and regional metrics.
• Helping implement strategies and tactics to improve volunteer engagement, including the annual Volunteer Readiness Assessment and identification of key department Volunteer Lead positions.
• Assisting with the development and implementation of a volunteer engagement/retention strategy and informal recognition promoting the One Red Cross Vision and honoring volunteer service.
• Provide input on volunteer engagement performance management issues.
• Provide reporting and metric analysis support.
• Assist in monitoring and reviewing volunteer satisfaction data with departments to develop strategies to improve volunteer satisfaction.
10. Serve as the subject matter expert on key volunteer recruitment tools. Train volunteer leaders and department leads on volunteer programs, tools and resources.
11. Support Volunteer Services’ regional training plan, which includes in-person and online volunteer supervisor courses.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience implementing and advancing staff related programs. Knowledge of volunteer programs and policies preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong training and presentation skills.
• Great interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively relate to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels.
• Knowledge of group dynamics, customer maintenance techniques, influencing skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred.
• Detailed oriented with good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple and continuously evolving priorities required.
• Recruiting experience or the ability to effectively communicate and represent Red Cross mission and activities in a positive and realistic manner is preferred.
• Other Skills: Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.