The Marketing Director for Special Productions plans, implements, and analyzes marketing campaigns for the Orpheum and Halloran Centre’s mission-based programs and at-risk events with of exception of Broadway shows. Such series and events include but are not limited to the Orpheum’s Theatre Group’s Halloran Centre Series, Summer Movie Series, fundraising events, educational programming, organizational awareness campaigns, and all special engagements presented by the Orpheum or Halloran Centre. This position includes media buying and budgetary responsibilities. This position requires staying up-to-date on market trends, seeking new and innovative marketing opportunities, and effectively managing trade and promotional opportunities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Essential functions are listed in order of importance:
• Prepares for Vice President’s approval advertising plans for the organization’s non-Broadway at-risk productions and organization awareness campaigns
• Implements and analyzes approved advertising campaigns
• Creates marketing settlements for the organization’s non-Broadway at-risk productions
• Seeks and implements strategies that maximize the effectiveness of advertising dollars such as trade and added value opportunities
• Monitors event sales and makes necessary adjustments to marketing strategies as needed
• Monitors advertising budgets and ensure that budgetary goals are met under supervision of the Vice President
• Ensures accuracy of advertising placements and advertising costs
• Ensures marketing assets are delivered to media outlets accurately and in a timely manner
• Seeks out, arranges, and implements approved promotional partnerships to increase reach and awareness
• Works closely with other members of the Marketing Department to maximize PR opportunities, social media presence, and graphic design needs
• Maintains positive working relationships with media account representatives as well as production marketing managers
• Collects insights and maintains close communication with other departments that have programmed the events being promoted alongside the Vice President
• Assists with Summer Movie Series planning, promotions, and event execution (in addition to facilitating advertising)
• Assists with select special events and initiatives (in addition to facilitating advertising)
• Ensures accuracy and consistency of the organization’s brand
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Concentration in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Arts Management preferred
• Work experience: 3-4 years in marketing or advertising
• Experience in media buying preferred
• Experience in promoting nonprofit, arts, or entertainment events preferred
Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of budgeting. Written and oral communication. Strong organizational and planning skills. Creativity. Diplomacy. Information gathering and data analysis skills. Problem analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making. Negotiation skills. Initiative. Discretion and confidentiality. Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to prioritize. Ability to juggle several ongoing projects at a time. Flexibility. Ability to meet deadlines.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Employee spends a considerable about of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. For events, standing and walking are required about 25% of the time; may lift and carry objects up to 15 lbs.; may climb stairs; may bend, twist, kneel, stoop and reach overhead.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to Amanda Finck, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Job Application” in the subject line. No phone calls please.