DESCRIPTION The mission of Restore Corps is to empower survivors of human trafficking, equip the community, as well as, change the systems in place promoting commercial sex and exploiting victims of sex and labor trafficking. We are a Christian faith- based organization with a focus on professional excellence
Reports to: Director of Survivor Services
JOB SUMMARY The Survivor Care Coordinator will operate as a case manager, cohesively with the Restore Corps Intervention Specialist, to provide services to victims of human trafficking in West Tennessee utilizing Restore Corps in-house services, contract personnel, community service providers and other collaborations.
RESPONSIBILITIES Responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a personal caseload.
• Complying with agency policy and procedures, maintaining all required documentation, including reporting for grants, in a professional and timely manner.
• Communicating, conferring with and coordinating care for clients with other direct services team members.
• Carrying out duties assigned by the Director of Survivor Services and/or the Executive Director
The work of aftercare is diverse and complex, including a broad range of activities and frequently changing conditions, situations and problems. The Survivor Care Coordinator (SCC) must be able to analyze problems and make prudent decisions while interpreting a variety of factors, problems and alternative methods and procedures, and know when to bring in counsel from their supervisor.
Establish strong, appropriate and caring working relationships with survivors of human trafficking assigned to caseload.
Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other organizations as needed, for case coordination and response.
Coordinate closely with Director of Survivor Services and other staff members to carry out the mission and in development of an ever-improving system of care for the survivors we serve.
Build rapport and trust with a diverse population including clients, staff members, volunteers and donors. Great people skills are vital for this role.
Maintain up-to-date documentation on clients and services for grant reporting and research purposes.
Additional Responsibilities -
Attend meetings in the community, as deemed appropriate and useful. May be called upon to represent the organization and share expertise at professional and community training and other events. Perform other agency-related duties or special projects, as directed by supervisor or Executive Director.
Working Conditions -
Work is carried out in a combination of an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, walking and some light physical activity, as well as transporting clients for appointments throughout the Memphis community. Most work is performed while sitting and using the computer, phone and engaged in face-to-face conversation with staff and/or clients. Additionally, the SCC will be expected to respond to client needs throughout the 21 counties of West Tennessee. Car travel required (must operate both personal and staff vehicles).
QUALIFICATIONS Education, Experience and Skills:
• BSW; MSW preferred. Licensure is a plus
• Spanish fluency a strong plus.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and implement best practices around services for at-risk individuals and families.
• Moderate level computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets.
• Experience in case management or equivalent position with experience working with trauma, substance abuse, sexual exploitation, victim assistance, child protective services, foster care or human trafficking populations preferred.
• A working knowledge of mainstream resources.
• People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations.
• Ability and willingness to work irregular hours when survivor needs dictate.
• Teachability is key: Learning from each other and our clients.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages.
• Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors.
• Fast learner, quick mind, capacity for hard work, teachable, flexible.
• Valid driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance and access to reliable personal transportation with the ability and willingness to travel throughout West Tennessee.
• Sense of humor
Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy. Background check will be required.
Additional Requirements -
Applicants must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values and statement of faith
Hours: Full time (expectation to work some evening and weekend hours and on-call shifts, as needed)
Starting Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience and training. Package will also include: mileage reimbursement for work-related travel, paid time off, offer for health insurance coverage, and 401K match after 1 year.
INSTRUCTIONS No phone calls accepted for this position. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com