POSITION TITLE: Evaluation Manager REPORTS TO: Vice President of Bridge Builders®
All Bridge Builders events, including conferences, are evaluated, and the results are reported out to the Board of Trustees, BRIDGES staff, stakeholders and other interested parties. The Evaluation Manager is responsible for the design of all evaluation instruments, the accurate recording of data, analyzing the data, and reporting out the results. Full-time, regular; exempt.
I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Manage and enhance an organizational evaluation plan for the three levels of Bridge Builders program: CONNECT, COLLABORATE, and CHANGE. The plan should strike a balance between participant outcomes and process evaluation and include both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
2. Design evaluation tool(s) flexible enough to accurately measure results from CONNECT, COLLABORATE, and CHANGE, customizing the tool(s) for each program; tabulate, interpret and distribute results of Evaluation Plan.
3. Meet with Vice President of Bridge Builders, Director of Bridge Builders and appropriate staff across the BRIDGES organization to share expert advice; plan, execute and implement the measurement tool(s).
4. Work collaboratively with Bridge Builders staff and program youth to design evaluation projects, tools, and analysis as needed.
5. Identify outside experts for guidance on design, revisions, analysis, best practices, and benchmarking.
6. Maintain confidentiality of data and evaluation analysis sharing only on a need-to-know basis; maintain relationships/confidentiality of any external data sharing with partners.
7. Assist and/or support internal and external outcomes reporting to funders, BRIDGES board, stakeholders, BRIDGES staff, and data sharing partners.
8. Consult with Vice Presidents of Development and Bridge Builders and Director of Communications to create and implement an outreach strategy for Bridge Builder alumni survey.
9. From the outreach strategy, develop a tool for following Bridge Builder alumni that has long- term effectiveness and leads to the design of the Bridge Builder alumni longitudinal study; study to allow for revisions at key time points.
10. Monitor evaluation related software.
1. Attend professional training and conferences; reach desired level of proficiency in SPSS.
2. Identify individual leaders in evaluation design, execution and data analysis for collaboration and sharing of best practices.
3. Stay up-to-date in field by reading journals and other professional/academic material.
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master’s degree in Evaluation, Applied Anthropology, Sociology or related field from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum of two-three (2–3) years of experience in design, execution and data analysis of evaluation instruments.
3. Ability to actively participate in Bridge Builders® sponsored events; must be flexible and available for evening and/or weekend events as required to provide students out-of-school time programming opportunities.
4. Have personal transportation as required for meetings held offsite, school visits, community meetings, etc.; must have proper insurance with the appropriate limits under Tennessee law and a valid driver’s license.
5. Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and leadership skills.
6. Maintain confidentiality of information.
7. Ability to attend workshops and conferences both local and out of town; speaking before these groups might be required.
8. Have the demonstrated ability to:
a) draw logical conclusions and make appropriate recommendations, judgments and decisions;
b) gather, record and evaluate information; maintain accurate records.
c) maintain a positive attitude toward participants, staff and interns;
d) understand program objectives in relation to organizational goals;
e) evaluate and manage difficult or sensitive situations with youth and adults with appropriate procedures and boundaries as determined through BRIDGES Employee Handbook.
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Employee will regularly participant in high-energy activities that require a substantial amount of walking, stooping, climbing, etc.
2. Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit departments at BRIDGES Center and any off-site training programs.
3. Requires excellent communication skills both spoken and written.
4. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear and see. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
6. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds unassisted; lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with assistance.
IV. ADDITIONAL DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE OF AND STRENGTHS
1. Supervise data entry ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
2. Have an advanced level of proficiency in Excel, MS Word and other Microsoft programs; have a basic, working knowledge of Salesforce and online evaluation tools such as Survey Monkey.
3. Oversee and support Development staff in any longitudinal/alumni tracking activities.
4. Work collaboratively with the Bridge Builders Staff to ensure that student feedback is gathered and applied in project planning.
5. Be a lifelong learner who is curious and motivated to learn new skills.
6. Possess a genuine interest, knowledge and passion for working with a diverse population of adolescent youth and adults so that their unique assets are recognized and developed; have desire, ability and passion for working with adolescent youth to provide the environment and opportunities to realize their unique strengths and actualize their potential.
7. Possess experience and enthusiasm for coaching and developing the strengths and skills of staff members and/or volunteers.
8. Value diversity and seek out opportunities for self, staff, volunteers and program participants to interact and learn in diverse settings.
9. Strength in developing and maintaining positive working relationships where open communication exists with BRIDGES staff agency wide, community partners and funding agencies.
10. Experience in providing and leading programs with an experiential/adventure education core where participant knowledge and experiences are honored and strengthened through shared experiences.
11. Passion for living out and supporting BRIDGES mission to build a community of leaders to advance racial, economic, educational and environmental justice.
12. Detail oriented with ability to multi-task while maintaining high quality accountability measurements and documentation for Bridge Builders and each of its components.
In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Instructions: This position is full-time, regular; exempt. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Evaluation Manager” in the subject line. No calls, please.
EOE – M/F – V/H