PROFILE SOURCE: Management Professional
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable Based on Experience
To provide leadership and direction to the President/CEO and Board of Directors in the effective operation of all development activities required to fund Club operations and deliver programs within the community.
Major Duties/Critical Tasks:
Resource Development and Management
- Develop and present proposals to solicit corporations and civic groups for financial support and employee engagement.
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Club’s annual budget and maintain donor and financial records in accordance with standards.
- Design and implement direct mail, social media, grass roots and individual cultivation programs for fundraising and annual giving.
- Provide support for various fund raising projects/initiatives assigned by the President.
- Manage and support special events and grants.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify, research, cultivate and solicit qualified prospects for major gift donors.
- Assist in the evaluation and stewardship of the planned giving campaign and recommend modifications or new approaches to support successful achievement of development goals.
- Identify, recruit and train Board members to participate in solicitation and other income development activities.
- Encourage and support Board committees responsible for planning and implementing development activities.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and the local officials.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, funders and community organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club development activities and maintain good public relations.
- Assist in obtaining sponsorships and solicitations of gifts and prepare related printed materials and publications.
- Ensure design and development of public relations documents for use in the promotion of fundraising and education of the public, including press releases.
- Manage the BGCM brand through the development and distribution of marketing documents.
- Execution of crisis management plan and communication.
- Design, draft and manage development of the annual report.
- Research, identify and analyze agency, corporate, individual and foundation donor base with recommended solicitations and stewarding strategies.
- Prepare and present for approval proposals for corporate and foundation support of the Clubs, using current cultivation and solicitations materials.
- Ensure the evaluation of the development activities and identify opportunities to improve results.
- Internal: Maintain oral and written contact with the President, Board of Directors, staff peers, and volunteers for the purpose of exchange of information, to provide progress reports regarding activities and planned programs, and to coordinate events; Importantly, must be ready to take on tasks as needed by the direction of the President.
- External: maintain oral and written contact with other agencies, business leaders, community groups, board of directors of such organizations, and the media for the purpose of exchanging information and ideas and for the purpose of fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three years of work experience in a non-profit agency, fundraising and/or marketing.
- Considerable knowledge of fund-raising techniques and sources of funding for non-profit agencies and organizations.
- Knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures and of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations, youth development services preferred.
- Ability to organize and coordinate fund-raising operations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Results oriented with strong passion for accomplishing goals.
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends, as needed.
Applicants please send resume and cover letter to Mandy Powell at email@example.com