Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 210 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year, and engage close to 100,000 volunteers.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall development, management, organization and financial solvency of the Girls on the Run Memphis council. This position will report to the Board of Directors of Girls on the Run Memphis and the Sr. VP of Council Development of Girls on the Run International (HQ), located in Charlotte, NC and will be a full-time, 30-hours per week position growing to 40 hours per week over time. The best candidate will be a candidate who has proven experience creating, developing and growing organizations. She/he will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to get things done across different functional areas.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Council Management -
• Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the Memphis council to ensure the program meets the needs of participants, volunteers and the community with an emphasis on diversity and inclusivity.
• With input from the GOTR Memphis Board and HQ, create and implement a council development plan that includes program and site development strategies, marketing and awareness strategies, and community and volunteer engagement strategies.
• Closely manage revenue and expenses to ensure adherence to the annual council budget.
• Build a culture of quality, inclusivity and diversity among the council and its stakeholders.
• Adhere to all GOTRI council obligations as stated in the membership agreement and operations manual.
• Provide necessary information to develop annual organization budget.
• Identify and develop key volunteers and leverage board members to assist with functional positions until council can pay additional staff.
Partnerships and Fund Development -
• With input from the GOTR Memphis Board and GOTR HQ, create and implement a financial development plan that includes, but is not limited to, individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, grants, and special events, including 5k, to ensure that fundraising goals are achieved.
• Achieve or exceed budgeted contributed income goals.
• Develop community relationships to cultivate donors and volunteers to ensure council revenue and site goals are achieved.
• Establish community partnerships with like-minded organizations that are well-aligned with GOTR mission.
Program Management and Development -
• Oversee Girls on the Run programming, ensuring that goals for sites and participants are reached:
o Develop growth strategies for the council, including geographic and program expansion:
▪ Meet with and secure site locations.
▪ Communicate with sites to recommit each season.
▪ Develop and facilitate a volunteer and coach strategy for council
o Lead all Program logistics:
▪ Oversee all council trainings and coach meetings.
▪ Coordinate the distribution of all marketing materials.
▪ Manage program registration, processing, and dissemination of information to the Girls on the Run community.
o Manage Council/site communications
▪ Serve as main programmatic contact and communicate with all site liaisons, principals, and site contacts.
▪ Manage council communications, including all communications to Coaches, Parents/Guardians, and general newsletter.
• Respond to all questions and concerns from parents, coaches and site liaisons in a timely fashion.
• Streamline communications to ensure proper and strategic messaging is in sync.
o Coordinate and manage all site relations.
• Ensure all program sites are delivering the curriculum properly without alteration by:
o Utilizing the Board and volunteers to perform quality site audits and visits.
o Troubleshoot and address any problems that may arise at any site.
• Serves as an ambassador for GOTR, exhibiting GOTR core values. Continuously work to achieve the GOTR mission.
• Develop positive relationships with volunteers, board members, donors, sponsors, parents, participants, media and other community members.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Memphis Board of Directors or the Sr. VP, Council Development of Girls on the Run International.
• Maintain ethical standards and accountability, manage risk, perform due diligence, and implement operational best practices.
• BA or BS degree required.
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams.
• Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences.
• A strategic leader with strong critical thinking, creative problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
• A strong entrepreneurial spirit.
• A willingness to take on a hands-on role with regards to program execution and administrative needs.
• A passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint and very comfortable with technology in general.
• Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience; related experience ideal.
• Experience managing budgets > $100,000
• Must live in Memphis or surrounding area.
• Ability to travel locally. Additional travel for annual Summit, regional workshops, or other professional development required.
This position is offering a compensation range of $50,000 - $56,000 annually, depending on experience. Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short-term disability coverage, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.
Please visit https://www.girlsontherun.org/Who-We-Are/Work-With-Us. The application deadline is April 13, 2018.
This position is a full-time position located in Memphis, TN.