Manages the fundraising and grant writing activities of A Step Ahead Foundation. Full Time - 40 hrs/week
Preferred Skills and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
• 5-7 years experience in donor solicitation and stewardship, foundation development and maintenance, and grant writing/reporting
• Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with Memphis
• Operate donor acquisition and stewardship programs to grow donor base and ensure a broad base of funding support for A Step Ahead Foundation from individuals, family foundations, grants, and corporate sponsorships.
o Work closely with Founder & Donor Relations Officer to help schedule and follow up with donor contacts.
o Manage online donation program and donor database.
• Plan and execute all fundraising events utilizing the development committee, host committees, volunteers, and A Step Ahead Foundation team members.
• Develop and execute grant program.
o Insure short-term and long-term goals are met and proper relationships are maintained with grant-making foundations.
o Maintain database for all grant prospects, submissions, and reporting requirements.
• Coordinate Development Committee advisory group to provide input for fundraising initiatives and reach development goals.
• Oversee Development Associate.
• All other duties that might be necessary.
A Step Ahead Foundation (ASAF) is a non-profit founded in 2011 and based in Memphis, Tennessee, with the mission of preventing teen and unplanned pregnancy through the provision of free long- acting, reversible contraception. We provide free intrauterine devices (IUDs) and Nexplanon implants and provide information to the community. For more information please
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.