Duties and Responsibilities -
The duties and responsibilities listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of the requirements of this job.
• Works with the Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations and other Directors within the Development Office to set annual fundraising goals and will be responsible for achieving those goals by developing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive foundation relations program for the UofM. Acquires and maintains a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the University’s mission, goals, vision and current programs, identifying opportunities to align fundraising priorities with foundation prospects
• Maintains a portfolio of existing, active relationships with private foundations. Creates and implements cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for each organization within the portfolio. Responsible for continuous expansion of the number of foundation prospects and donors, with special emphasis on national foundations. Ensures foundation contact reports and records are kept up-to-date and maintained within the Banner system. Will hold primary responsibility for researching and writing foundation grant applications on behalf of the University and its priorities as determined by the President, Chief Development Officer and Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations. Strengthens existing relationships with foundation representatives and builds new ones by introducing the University and its ongoing priorities.
• Visits donors and prospects independently and with faculty and senior administrators as appropriate, using prospect clearance procedures. Participates in University events and activities as appropriate, and represents the University at community and other meetings.
• Creates, maintains, and adheres to a calendar that includes deadlines for proposals, reports, thank you letters, and other correspondence. Prepares and submits thorough and timely funding proposals, solicitation letters, letter of intent, mid-year and final progress and program status reports, supporting materials and other correspondence, as appropriate.
• May supervise staff based on role and responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications -
Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of appropriate experience.
Office of University Development
University of Memphis, Main Campus
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30p.m. May need to work/travel beyond normal work schedule.
Working Conditions -
Full-Time: Benefits Eligible
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and ascend/descend stairs. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
$75,000-$85,000 per year
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online at https://workforum.memphis.edu/postings/19237.
Applicants must complete all applicable sections of the online application to be considered for a position. Please upload a cover letter, resume, and reference list after completing your application, if required by the system. Required work experience is based on full time hours. Part time work experience will be prorated as listed.
Candidates who are called for an interview must notify the Department of Human Resources in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
Initial screening will begin July 10, 2018. Posting will remain open until filled.