POSITION TITLE: Annual Giving & Events Manager
DEPARTMENT: External Affairs
REPORTS TO: Director of Philanthropy
JOB SUMMARY The Annual Giving & Events Manager is a creative and strategic thinker with both proven and innovative methods to acquire, cultivate, solicit, and steward Annual Donors. The Annual Giving & Events Manager is responsible for implementing a comprehensive, multi-channel annual giving program and meeting strategic goals. This position works closely with the Director of Philanthropy and other Development staff to execute the annual giving program (donations <
$1,000), including planning direct mail, digital campaigns, new donor acquisition, data analysis, and donor stewardship. The Annual Giving & Events Manager will lead and manage the logistical aspects of event planning and execution for both PPTNM and third party events, as well as provide administrative support and external communications to engage with existing and prospective donors, supporters, and community partners.
• Manages direct mail production, including copy development, production, and mailing for both current donors and new donor acquisition.
• Work with Stewardship Manager to create online fundraising components, including writing email appeals, managing the creation of landing pages and donation forms, scheduling emails in an email service provider, optimizing email lists, and creating social media content.
• Monitors progress on monthly Annual Giving revenue objectives through monthly critical path analysis to ensuring overall revenue goal is met. Develop and maintain reports and provide analysis of solicitation program performance.
• Work with other Development staff to implement donor upgrade and cultivation strategies, including recurring monthly gifts. Analyze giving levels and retention rates to maximize the success of upgrade and renewal strategies.
• Collaborates with the Stewardship Manager to provide highly effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship systems for existing donors with the purpose of renewing and/or upgrading them to higher giving levels.
• Develops and sustains a network of broad local support through networking, attending special events, and building relationships with organizations.
• Responsible for planning and executing PPTNM fundraising and stewardship events, including volunteer committee recruitment and management, goal setting, event logistics, and post-event evaluation.
• Coordinates event-related activity in the database to handle setup and manage event invitations, RSVPs, attendee tracking and registration, and other donor relations.
• Creates content for collateral materials and oversees the design process.
• Manages daily tasks and priorities of the Development Assistant.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in professional fundraising; supervisory experience strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
• Alignment with the mission and values of Planned Parenthood.
• Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values.
• Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
• Creative, self-driven, and proactive with the determination to find solutions.
• Extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, works well under pressure, handling multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPTNM will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
Employees are expected to perform duties as assigned and directed by management.
Qualified applicants please click the link to apply.