The Family Safety Center of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in Memphis, TN, whose purpose is to effectively combine civil, criminal, health and social services in order to help victims of family violence. We are seeking a Director of Development who is highly motivated and organized to build our development and volunteer programs. This position will report to the Executive Director and will be an integral part of the growth of the organization.
Job Title: Director of Development
Reports To: Executive Director
Positions Supervised: Volunteer Coordinator
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday, Other as required
Job Summary: Responsible for community outreach, volunteer management and fundraising efforts in support of achieving organizational goals and sustainability. Creates, develops, coordinates and implements the organization’s fund development efforts and volunteer program. Will develop new relationships, strengthen existing relationships and provide support to the overall organizational development strategy.
Community Relations and Awareness:
• Establishes, nurtures and maintains positive external relationships with individuals, businesses, and community-based organizations in support of organizational outreach efforts.
• Works with individuals, groups, and businesses to coordinate and facilitate sponsored/donated third party events.
• Performs presentations to service clubs, community groups and potential funding organizations, providing consistent messages to educate and recruit new support.
• Oversees the organization’s volunteer programs and supervises the Volunteer Coordinator.
• Promotes the organization and informs, educates, and engages the general public for awareness of the goals and mission.
Development and Fundraising:
• Develops and executes organizational annual fundraising plan including cultivating prospective donors.
• Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with major donors.
• Creates and executes a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
• Increases fundraising capacity by increasing donor giving and event income in order to maintain current programs, enable future growth, and ensure financial stability for the organization.
• Works closely with the Executive Director and Fund Development Committee in developing fundraising plan and organizing successful fundraising events, including handling event details and acquiring sponsors.
• Performs daily functions of fundraising including cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, and stewardships
• Works closely with the Executive Director in preparing quality proposals, including case statements and development of compelling messages for support.
• Utilizes the internet, social media, and website to cultivate and solicit donations.
• Maintains donor database and provides donor acknowledgments as well as maintenance of donor records, report preparation and monitoring results and effectiveness of fund development programs.
• Encourages and supports board and staff giving. Ensures that board and staff have training and tools to effectively cultivate and solicit donors and supporters.
• Works with Volunteer Coordinator to engage volunteers in annual fundraising efforts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and current desktop publishing software, as well as proficiency in working with a donor database.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, with ability to speak publicly.
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team and with volunteers.
• Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
• Ability to work with diverse populations, demonstrating cultural competency and community awareness.
• Ability to tell a story and help others share their own stories.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively.
• Ability to exercise tact and to demonstrate sensitivity to issues involved with organization’s mission.
• Strong empathy and commitment to victim’s issues.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, nonprofit management, public administration, public relations, or other related field.
• Minimum of five years of fund development experience, including volunteer management. Mission-driven nonprofit experience a plus.
Family Safety Center Mission
Our mission is to provide one location that effectively combines civil, criminal, health and social services for victims of family violence.
Family Safety Center Vision
Our vision is a thriving community that embodies a spirit of compassion, collaboration and progressive change that values mutual respect, safety and serenity for all residents.
Family Safety Center Values
-Honesty, Openness and Accountability
-Collaborative Inclusive Teamwork
-Dignity, Respect, Trust and Fairness
-Persistence, Resilience and Dedication
-Diversity and Equality
-Hope, Healing, Safety and Justice
Interested applicants: Please send cover letter and resume with salary history to: email@example.com
Application deadline: July 23, 2018