POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: Annual Giving & Special Events Manager or External Affairs Manager
The Development Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development Office and participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events.
• Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
• Continually update and correct database records.
• Assist with preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors, as needed.
• Assist with production and mailing of appeal letters.
• Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
• Reconcile financial records regularly with Finance. Assure all donations are properly processed for tax purposes for patrons (e.g. end of year tax letters are accurate).
• Handle all administrative details associated with Development-related meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
• Assist Development team in ensuring a quality stewardship and cultivation program with proper acknowledgment through appropriate means and correspondences, plaques, receptions, and donor appreciation activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
• Alignment with the mission and values of Planned Parenthood.
• Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values.
• Computer literacy; database management experience essential.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, and hit deadlines.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree or commensurate work experience.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development office.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPTNM will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
Employees are expected to perform duties as assigned and directed by management.
Qualified applicants please click HERE to apply.