Full Time, Memphis, TN
Salary range: Starting at $64,840
The Director of Development will be responsible for increasing Memphis Habitat’s influence and relationships with major individual donors, faith partners, corporations and volunteers. This position will be responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining fund-raising program initiatives, campaigns and events that often may be restricted to fund specific needs within the organization such as house building or aging in place projects
Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the development process including planning, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors through the various functions: events, major gifts, corporate programs and some foundations.
• Develop strategies and oversee fund-raising events, activities and the volunteer program that keeps with the infrastructure of the Habitat mission and is consistent with and supportive of the strategic goals of the organization.
• Identify, define and acquire funding via best practices in the solicitation of major gifts from individuals and corporate/faith partners.
• Work with marketing department to design and implement a comprehensive direct marketing program.
• Create opportunities for the CEO, Board members and other Habitat leaders to meet new, qualified potential donors.
• Accurately project revenue against budget and consistently meet and strive to exceed revenue objectives.
• Motivate and nurture a high performing, diverse resource development leadership team.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field required; Master’s Degree in planning, finance, or management preferred
• Seven to ten years of development experience, including knowledge of annual giving, foundation/corporate solicitations, communications and special events
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, presentation skills and public speaking skills; ability to meet and interact with people with ease
• Strong organizational skills, well disciplined, able to work under the pressure of multiple, concurrent priorities and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques
• Knowledge of long-range planning process
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, 2018. No phone calls please.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community.