Temple Israel in Memphis, TN seeks a dynamic and engaging Development and Membership Director. The Director’s primary focus will concentrate on increasing our financial resources and building lasting connections amongst our members. Responsible for all fundraising and development activities, the Director will forge new relationships and nurture existing relationships within Temple Israel’s diverse community. The Director will be responsible for managing annual giving, including membership renewals, special events, planned giving programs, and grant opportunities with a view toward strengthening all advancement programs. The Development and Membership Director will report to Temple Israel’s Executive Director and work closely with the Communications Director.
The Development and Membership Director will:
Promote a culture of philanthropy at Temple Israel by
● Cultivating and developing strategies for member giving, donor appreciation, and donor matching to maximize giving opportunities.
● Educating members and donors about Temple’s financial needs.
● Implementing a stewardship program that recognizes donors of annual, capital, endowment, and legacy gifts.
Oversee and implement all fundraising activities at Temple Israel by
● Developing relationships with and soliciting members’ support through face-to-face meetings and written proposals.
● Managing all administrative tasks related to development, donor services, and gift acknowledgment, and recognition.
● Supporting and facilitating the work of the Development Committee.
● Investigating and applying for public and private grants to support Temple Israel’s programs and operations.
● Planning all fundraising events and supervising administrative personnel supporting those efforts.
● Representing and supervising Temple Israel’s partnership with the Jewish Foundation of Memphis.
● Calendaring, budgeting, marketing, and communication of development and membership programs in partnership with appropriate Temple Israel staff.
Manage all aspects of member engagement and recruitment by
● Creating tools that facilitate conversations about Temple Israel’s members and their financial commitment to our community.
● Organizing and processing membership renewals, new member enrollment, exit interviews for resignations, and negotiate dues adjustments.
● Developing outreach strategies for reaching new member prospects.
● Supporting and facilitating the work of the Membership Engagement Committee.
Contact: Stacy Canales, Executive Director