New Memphis is a not-for-profit organization committed to attracting, developing, activating and retaining talent in order to forge a prosperous and vital new Memphis.
Title: Development Manager
The Role: The Development Manager at New Memphis is a key position tasked with managing the daily functions of the development team. This person will work closely with and report to the Sr. Manager of Fundraising Operations & Technology. The position provides an excellent opportunity to work for an established and dynamic non-profit with ample opportunity for growth.
Main Functions and Responsibilities:
• Supervise fundraising projects, coordinating timelines, approvals, and project-team communication
• Enter and maintain accurate and complete records for donors, prospects, and donations in Salesforce
• Collect data from internal and external sources for use in funding reports and proposals
• Prepare gift acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence
• Prepare donor reports and list selections from Salesforce for mailing, appeals, communications and events
• Organize and generate all development mailings
• Empower and prepare team members and Trustees as donors, solicitors, prospectors, stewards
• Prepare meeting materials for team members and external solicitors
• Collaborate across departments within the organization to ensure accurate and timely delivery of benefits promised to donors
• Provide daily administrative support to supervisor
• Research business/corporate and individual fundraising prospects
• Represent New Memphis, personally engage key constituents, and support the staff at events
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with current donors and build relationships with new donors through in-person and virtual engagement
• Support the Development Team with other job-related duties as assigned
• Organized self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
• At least three years of relevant work experience
• Strong attention to details, with an aptitude for coordinating tasks and timelines
• Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Learn new skills and process information quickly
• Synthesize large amounts of information to support initiatives
• Effectively prioritize tasks and maintain quality standards, while also adapting to demands of the work environment
• Manage demands, deadlines, and information needs of multiple projects with little guidance
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel; Salesforce experience a plus but not required
• Full-time. Some evening, weekends and extended hours will be required.
Excellent benefits include medical/dental/vision insurance; generous retirement contribution plan. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter by June 6th to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.