Ballet Memphis Corporation, a 30+ year old professional ballet company, is a creative local and national resource as a maker and interpreter of Southern cultural legacy through dance, production and training. Our Company doesn’t just believe everyone matters, we actively seek to create, present and teach ballet in a way that celebrates the human spirit. We have built a Company that is reflective of the people we serve—beautifully diverse in mind, body and soul—and built it with people who understand we do what we do in the service of others. Ballet Memphis encompasses the Company, the School, Education & Community Enrichment and the Pilates Center; it also tours nationally. We integrate all of our programs, communicating internally and externally in ways that build and promote our culture and core values, providing meaningful experiences to all our participants.
The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for supporting all Ballet Memphis fundraising and development efforts under the leadership of the Director of Development.
This position requires a winning combination of big picture thinking with sharp attention to execution and detail. High energy, excellent communication and organizational skills, self-motivation and the ability to facilitate projects are a must. The position requires experience in gift processing, solicitation creation, prospect research, phone solicitation and marketing. Preference may be given to candidates with previous experience in and a passion for the arts.
• In partnership with the Development Director, the Donor Relations Manager will focus heavily on identifying, establishing and maintaining viable individual, foundation and corporate giving relationships through, but not limited to:
o Direct mail
o Special events
o Corporate Sponsorships/Partnerships
• Assist in building relationships with all levels of donors and within all areas of the Ballet— School, Company, Education & Community Enrichment and Pilates— to ensure Ballet Memphis has life-long donors and a growing support base.
• Excellent verbal/written communicator, the Donor Relations Manager will assist in creation of:
o Fiscal year fundraising calendar
o All written solicitations— letters, emails, social media posts
o Development promotional materials (brochures, web presence)
• Prepare monthly development reports utilizing database and Excel to analyze year over year results in Individual, Corporate/Sponsorship and Foundation giving
• Attend all Ballet Memphis regular season performances in the capacity of donor cultivation but also prepared to assist with other organizational duties as assigned. He/she will coordinate efforts with the Director of Development and Box Office Manager to ensure Board, Dancer Sponsors, corporate sponsors and partners receive all mainstage benefits throughout the season.
• Assist with planning and execution of all Ballet Memphis fundraising special events. Will act as main point of contact with all special events vendors.
• Assist Director of Development on grants and foundation work, including:
o Program details for current grants and grant reports
o Researching local and national opportunities to expand foundation footprint
o Grant reporting process
• Gift processing
o Processing all incoming gifts and ensuring accurate input to database
o Gift/donor acknowledgement in manner that is timely and appropriate to gift
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3+ years of fundraising and development experience
o Education and/or arts experience preferred
• Quick with systems—fundraising software experience preferred (Raiser’s Edge, Banner, Salesforce)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Power Point
• Familiar with online communities and social media including Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, and others
This position requires an ongoing commitment to the following:
• Even-tempered disposition. Ability to work under pressure in a composed, focused, affable and courteous manner.
• Creative. Ability to use visionary thinking to assist with development strategy and on-going execution throughout a very busy performance schedule.
• Analytic. Ability to generate, assess and utilize data to maximize efficiency and drive fundraising results.
• Highly affable. Ability to conduct regular face-to-face, telephone and email communication with donors/patrons.
• Enthusiastic, energetic and positive. Ability to sustain an ongoing spirit of positivity in high-pressure and demanding situations. Great level of passion, innovation and enthusiasm for engaging others and creating new vehicles and methods to attract and engage new Ballet Memphis patrons and donors.
• Adaptable and nimble. Ability to be flexible while remaining focused on accomplishing project/goal amid fast- paced, constantly changing environment.
• Connector. Ability to utilize personal and professional network to build/leverage new relationships for the Ballet.
• Prompt and timely communicator. Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
• Accommodating. Ability to seek out supportive solutions to accommodate all Ballet Memphis guests, whether ticket buyers, donors, Pilates clients, School families or guests to the building.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
This is a salaried, full-time position eligible for all benefits (including health insurance, free Pilates mat classes, 12 comp performance tickets). Salary will be competitive and commensurate with level of experience and skill.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.