Communications & Marketing Assistant, Part -Time
An ideal candidate is
• Has strong communication skills
• Has good people skills
• Loves technology
• Likes to learn new things
• Idea Generator
• Has heart for social justice
About the Position
This is a part time position.
You report to the Executive Assistant and work closely with the Marketing & Strategies Wizard.
The Communications & Marketing Assistant is tasked to:
• Enhance staff effectiveness by providing information and support related to all communication efforts.
• Provide project management skills
• Handle day-to-day administration for the communication and marketing of CCHF
Our common goal is to work as a team to help CCHF grow to serve a larger part in its leadership role in this movement.
Specifically your communications & marketing efforts will include
• Working closely with Marketing & Strategy Wizard with strategy implementation and creation of written and visual content for all marketing communications.
• Marketing through social media
• Creation of email campaigns using MyEmma.
• Familiarity with all CCHF communication platforms and creation/updating of content.
• Generating the quarterly newsletter, and bi-weekly digital newsletter. These include interviews with highlighted clinics and creation of content
• Maintaining a marketing calendar that you’ll use to keep all staff members on track to meet deadlines.
• Oversee the conference exhibition hall and give overall conference support.
• Managing relationships with vendors and their timelines.
Skill sets that help qualify you for this position
• Adobe inDesign - (newsletters, exhibit hall displays, brochures)
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Apple iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
• Google GSuite (Google Docs, Sheets, drive, etc)
• SquareSpace/Wordpress (CCHF Websites)
• Communications Skills (listening, verbal, written)
• Willingness in Learning New Things
• Knowledge or experience with medical missions and/or non-profit work.
• Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
• Form Assembly
• A journalism, communications, business degree.
• Basic photography
How to apply
Email resume to info@CCHFmail.org. No phone calls please.
What is CCHF?
Founded in 1978, Christian Community Health Fellowship (CCHF) is a national network of Christians in healthcare and health promotion, who are focused on work among those who are under-resourced or marginalized in our nation. We recognize that there is a “movement” in America of Christians who are motivated by Christ to extend His love to the poor - to stand for justice in healthcare; and to be ministers of reconciliation in communities of need, the wider church and the institution of medicine. As a leader in that movement, our mission is to educate, equip and encourage Christians to live out the gospel through healthcare among the poor.
CCHF does this by promoting and developing a community of believers who have a common call to serve the poor through healthcare. We hold annual conferences, and produce publications that highlight stories and issues relating to this work. We challenge students by calling them to serve the poor in the name of Christ, and provide support to those who answer that call. And we assist individuals and organizations who are directly involved in this movement.
You’re contributing to the team in the way we expect when:
• You have a servant-like and positive attitude in everything you are asked to do
• You show initiative and fulfill your responsibilities.
• You continually help us find new and better ways of doing things.
• You are professional and represent CCHF well.
• You model a godly life and pursue the way of Jesus.
• You laugh a lot.
• You honestly think it is an honor to be a part of this.
Things we Value
• Adaptability/Flexibility. Mobile, positive, resilient, patient risk-taker who is open to new ideas.
• Dedication/Hard-Working/Work Ethic/ Tenacity.
• Positive Attitude/Motivation/Energy/ Passion.
• Willingness to Learn.
• Self-Motivated/Ability to Work with little or no supervision.