Title: Operations Manager Reporting to: Executive Director (ED) Reports: None Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred Salary: Dependent upon experience
ABOUT US Whole Child Strategies, Inc. (WCS) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit entity serving Memphis and Shelby County. Our mission is to empower neighborhoods and communities disproportionately affected by poverty to self-determination in addressing barriers that hinder children from graduating on-time, career and college-ready – providing funding, critical supports and coordinated efforts around collective accountability, public advocacy and community development. It is our vision all children will graduate high school on time, college and career-ready through support of revitalized neighborhoods, accountable neighbors, and sustainable systems.
JOB DESCRIPTION The WCS Operations Manager will ensure the implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems that allow the WCS Executive Director to focus on the overall strategy and direction of the organization. The WCS Operations Manager is both a business and nonprofit professional who embraces WCS’s current four-pronged approach to serving students, schools, families, and communities in the following strategic and program areas: 1. Neighborhood strategy 2. Community schools 3. Community development 4. School supports.
The WCS Operations Manager will be a key member of WCS leadership team, will directly manage day to day business operations and supports for the organization, will create systems and processes for organization-wide efficiencies, will oversee the budgeting and financial management of the organization and its programs/strategy areas, and will drive an overall culture of excellence around internal and external constituent services and support.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the following categories of work, but should execute all duties as assigned with fidelity - as the categories and tasks are not exhaustive but demonstrative:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the ongoing operation of the organization with the ED;
- Manage organizational and strategy/program area budgets and work closely with the ED on financials for the organization;
- Liaise with and manage the organization’s external and contractual relationships to ensure efficient daily business operations to include: finance, communications, facilities, information systems (IT) and human resources (HR);
- Assist strategy/program leads in developing and managing their area budgets;
- Assist Executive Director in developing the yearly budget, including determining budget priorities;
- Oversee accounts payable, inventory, payroll, weekly deposits and any strategy/program area accounting systems.
- Assist with financial recording of fundraising and fund development in conjunction with the Executive Director and Director of Development & Sustainability;
- Manages process for submitting WCS external grant applications and proposals;
- Oversee process of meeting compliance of local, state, and federal requirements;
- Oversee any business licenses, organizational registrations and renewals
- Manage organization-wide IT, including working with appropriate technology vendor(s) to install and maintain high quality IT infrastructure, integrating IT into the organization’s operations, and providing end-user technical support.
- Ensure site staff and vendors comply with payment system in timely/efficient manner;
- Order supplies and manage vendors and staff for vendor use. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or similar;
- Minimum five (5) years working in a professional/business setting;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team as well as in a processes management role;
- Process oriented, analytical problem solver, strategic planner, solution oriented;
- Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends as projects demand;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Business start-up knowledge/experience;
- “Can do” attitude and a penchant for fast-paced environments;
- Commitment to educational justice and equity for all people;
- Ability to think “big picture” as well as to translate ideas into realistic, actionable plans;
- Clear commitment to continuous improvement via training and professional development;
- Commitment and desire to work in a multi-cultural environment where diversity based on race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical ability, family status, and other characteristics is an important and practiced value;
- Able to handle and appropriately prioritize multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
- High level of proficiency in the areas of budgeting and general accounting practices;
- Keen financial, empirical and analytical skills - attention to detail;
- Proficient to fluent in QuickBooks and MS Office including Word and Excel;
- Strong written skills with the ability to communicate to diverse group of internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor;
- Self-motivated and initiative driven.
Interested applicants please send up-to-date resume and cover letter by July 9, 2018 to email@example.com or Whole Child Strategies, Inc., 1350 Concourse Ave., Suite 434, Memphis, TN 38104.