Kemmons Wilson Family Foundation (KWFF) is looking for someone passionate about making a difference in the city of Memphis. We are committed to working with leaders and nonprofits throughout the city in an effort to build strong families by improving the lives of individuals in Memphis. Not only do we have our annual grant-making program but we also lead a few special programs including one focused on developing high school students into future leaders. In your role, you will provide valuable support services to the KWFF team and will be instrumental in assisting us in our effort to make Memphis an even greater city.
What you will be doing:
Making a difference! The Program and Office Administrator manages office operations, provides administrative and project support to the Executive Director and Director of Programs and will be assisting in the management of The Wilson Society specialty program. This is a great learning opportunity for an individual looking to gain experience and further develop their career in nonprofit management.
Who you will report to:
The position reports to the Executive Director.
A little more detail on what you’ll be doing:
• Provide efficient operations by managing the KWFF office calendar and the activities calendar for the Board of Directors
• Support grant-making and special programs by responding to emails and other correspondence
• Keep stakeholders informed by taking notes and preparing minutes for committee, board, and other programs-related meetings
• Keep KWFF financially current by preparing and processing invoices, grant payments, and expense reports
• Assist in communications of KWFF by preparing program reports and presentations
• Maintain accuracy of data by keeping records in program-related databases or other records up-to-date
• Review and update programs-related content, including social media, website, informational flyers, newsletters, internal documents and infographics
• Maintain accuracy of written communications such as news articles, press releases and website content
• Assist with the planning, logistics, and execution of meetings, programs and special events
• Assist with all aspects of the grants process from application to approval to subsequent reporting and payment procedures
• Prepare application and report binders for staff: download, print, and organize documents
• Maximize use of online grants management system for applicants, staff, and members of leadership
You’ll need the following to be successful in the role:
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and accurate
• Independent, self-motivated, and resourceful with sound judgment
• Effectively communicates in written and/or spoken forms that are timely and complete
• Passionate about helping others and committed to making a difference in our community
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
Education & Experience:
• A college degree preferred and/or equivalent experience working in a nonprofit environment.
• Experience providing administrative, project, and/or program support.
What you get in return for your work:
• Satisfaction of making an impact on the city of Memphis
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance; 401K; paid holidays; and paid vacation
• 32 hours of paid volunteer time and the opportunity to participate in corporate events sponsored by Kemmons Wilson Companies
• Kemmons Wilson Family Foundation is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, creed, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants please email resumes to Emily Cates at firstname.lastname@example.org