Ballet Memphis has an immediate opening for a full-time Patron Services Associate. This staff person will work a flexible schedule, including daytime, evening, and weekend hours as needed at both the East Memphis Pilates Center and the midtown Ballet Memphis headquarters. This staff position will be the primary support staff for the Ballet Memphis Pilates Center, responsible for class set up, attendance, and payroll, among other duties. This staff person will assist with marketing the Pilates Center and will be well-versed in all aspects of Ballet Memphis operations. This staff person will provide support for our Box Office Manager and Ballet Memphis School Administrator. This position is key to front line customer service and will be able to assist patrons with ticket purchases, promotions, School information, registration, Pilates schedules and purchases of class passes. As a support for multiple areas of Ballet Memphis operations, this staff person will be knowledgeable in all areas of patron services and will be able to fill-in for multiple staff positions.
Duties and Skills:
• Offer outstanding, friendly customer service
• Set-up classes and events in database
• Sell classes and events in database
• Process class registration and track enrollment
• Document and submit teachers’ payroll
• Manage client and teacher attendance and input into Theatre Manager
• Sell tickets and passes at the box office and over the phone
• Make direct sales calls to patrons
• Manage the box office at performances
• Create and distribute mailing lists
• Create and distribute online calendars
• Managing patron accounts in database
• Invoice patrons with past due balances
• Reconcile patron sales and make deposits
• Other duties as required
Position reports to the Director of Communications and Programs.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service skills, a positive disposition, an attention to detail, a willingness to learn, as well as a professional attitude toward their work, the staff, and Ballet Memphis patrons. The ideal candidate will have experience with data base management and be able to quickly learn a new patron services database platform. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Mail is expected. Experience in graphic design, social media, or marketing a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Note “Patron Services” in the subject line.