The Accounts Payable/Fiscal Clerk will organize Accounts Payable activities by receiving and paying invoices, compiling and maintaining accounts payable records and assisting with financial support activities.
Essential Job Functions
1. Process all purchase order requests.
2. Review and verify accounts payable invoices/stipends/contractor payments.
3. Ensure the correct coding of all payment requests based on the Agency's cost allocation plan.
4. Ensure timely and correct payments to internal and external vendors and maintain such files.
5. Match up vendor invoices to receiving paperwork.
6. Complete vendor statement reconciliation and follow up on missing invoices.
7. Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly and year end reports.
8. Develop and analyze payable reports.
9. Perform some accounting functions and understand basic accounting principles.
10. Provide documentation and reports for Accounts Receivable billing, budgeting, and general accounting.
11. Process journal entries.
12. Assist with various departmental activities, and distribute mail.
13. Contribute to team effort by performing other tasks as assigned.
• Associate's degree in Accounting or related field required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounts payable is required.
• Knowledge of basic accounting or business practices and methods.
• Knowledge of standard computer software, including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications; able to understand processes via internet and e-mail.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to be accurate with excellent attention to detail.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE TODAY!