DESCRIPTION Reports to: Director of Development
Work Week: 15-20 hours a week (late May to early August)
The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis (CFGM) works to strengthen our community through philanthropy. CFGM is a place where generous people from diverse backgrounds come together to make our community a better place. Collectively, they have created the largest grantmaker in the Memphis area. We fulfill our mission by:
• Developing and managing charitable funds and endowments, offering the highest level of service to donors;
• Actively addressing the needs of the community; and
• Encouraging philanthropy and the growth of charitable resources among individuals, families, businesses, and community institutions.
POSITION SUMMARY The intern will support donor development efforts through research, presentation, donor referral communications and event preparation. Community Foundation stakeholders include donors (fund holders, GiVE 365 members), professional advisors (financial advisors, CPAs and estate planning attorneys), and non-profits.
This position will allow a student to learn and refine a variety of skills including development communications, prospect research, event planning, presentation and donor database management. The intern will assist the Director of Development in the management of database research to create prospective donor portfolios and define pipeline opportunities. The intern will also assist with building prospective donor event concepts and preparing and sharing prospective donor presentations.
The student must be a community-minded individual with an interest in growing charitable giving and gaining a deeper knowledge of all aspects of Memphis philanthropy. This includes research and reporting on both local and national philanthropic trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES • Assist with donor relationship database management
• Research prospective donor profiles
• Prepare and share PowerPoint presentations for marketing and development efforts
• Review and provide updates on local philanthropic events and organizations
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS • Currently a student interested in the non-profit and/or philanthropic sectors. Undergraduate and graduate students may apply.
• Experience working with the entire Microsoft Office Suite as well as with customer relationship management tools. Relationship management or customer service background preferred.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills are a must. This position will work both internally with Foundation staff, and externally with donors and prospective donors.
• Discretion. Interns may be exposed to the private data and charitable transactions of our donors. All information about grants and grantmaking should remain within the walls of the Foundation. It is expected the person in this position will uphold that trust.
• Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and individually as a self-starter.
• Organized, detail-oriented with the ability to follow-up.
• Ability to commit at least 15 hours per week (flexible hours available).
Submit resume to Caroline Kuebler, Director of Development- firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates should expect a phone interview and/or interview at the offices of the Community Foundation.
CONTACT INFO Email email@example.com