The Organization: The Hyde Family Foundation (HFF) strives to create a thriving, unified Memphis for all. We work across all sectors to enable the cornerstones of place-based success: access and opportunity, connectivity and vibrancy, and aligned and visionary leadership. HFF provides funding and engaged support for innovative, determined, and optimistic initiatives across four key impact areas: High-Quality Education, Vibrant Spaces and Communities, Thriving Arts and Culture, and Engaged Leadership and Civic Pride.
The Administrative Assistant for Programs reports directly to the Senior Program Director/Learning Officer and supports other members of the Program team and the grants management office. The Administrative Assistant also actively collaborates with the Executive Assistant and other support staff.
The Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative support to the Program team and grants management office. The Administrative Assistant uses his/her skills to work as a member of the Foundation’s team to advance the overall mission, goals, and priorities of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide exceptional administrative support to the Program team and grants management office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the planning, logistics and preparation for meetings (scheduling, invitations, tracking, event coordination, and follow-up with multiple parties);
- Support program team with meeting related tasks including preparing and distributing documents, research, notetaking, and reporting support;
- Assist with pre- and post-travel-related needs (scheduling, travel logistics, trip itineraries, and expense reports);
- Support the grants management office by facilitating grants management processes and workflow including grant application processing; ensuring grantee compliance; grant processing support; production of queries, research, and reports; and fielding and responding to basic inquiries and potential grant seekers;
- Demonstrate awareness and appreciation for the Foundation’s mission, values, and goals and be well versed in the Foundation’s grantmaking priorities, guidelines, approval process, current grantees, and projects;
- Perform other administrative duties such as answering phones, scanning, filing, mail distribution, ordering supplies, etc., as needed.
Professional Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly proficient in all aspects of administrative support and skilled at scheduling and travel management;
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and ability to organize and prioritize workload to effectively complete multiple tasks and projects across program staff;
- Advanced capacity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of GIFTS Online grants management system preferred (comparable experience accepted);
- Exceptional project management skills;
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with a wide range of diverse individuals and groups;
- Knowledge and experience with the Memphis civic and non-profit landscape;
- Adept at working effectively both independently and in collaborative team environments.
- Consistently produces high-quality, detailed, accurate work;
- Organizes, plans, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner;
- Strong work ethic, persistent yet balanced;
- Adaptable, flexible, resilient, and comfortable with multi-tasking;
- Collaborates well with people of different races, backgrounds, experiences, and educational levels;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Enthusiastic, dependable, and self-aware;
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills;
- Trustworthy and discreet, when necessary.
To be determined based upon experience and qualifications. Eligible for comprehensive benefit plans.
If interested in applying for the Administrative Assistant position, please email your resume to Kim Tobin at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2018